Magnetic signs are a cost-effective way to make any vehicle a business vehicle. We use a 30 mil material for great longevity
and print in full color to add the flare that your company deserves.
Available Sizes are 18" x 12", 24" x 12", 24" x 18", and 36" x 20" (perfect size for your Cargo Van)
Vehicle Magnets are large Magnets designed to stick to vehicles with metal body panels. They print in full color on one side of 30 mil white magnets. With customizable sizing ranging from 12" x 6" to 60" x 24", Vehicle Magnets can be tailored to fit your vehicle.
The substrate includes tiny air channels for smooth and easy application.
Because of the wide potential size range of our large format products, there are additional file setup considerations. Proofs are typically shown half size. For other details, please review the file setup section carefully.
Due to material, all substrates may expand or shrink from batch to batch, which makes exact cuts very difficult. We do not recommend borders. If you would like borders, please make sure they are at least 2" thick. We will not reprint if the borders are not exactly the same on all sides after cutting.
The most common order options are 2' x 1' on 30 mil. white magnet stock. Vehicle Magnets are printed in full color on one side (4/0).
Vehicle Magnets are a great solution for mobile vehicle advertising that can be easily removed or switched from one vehicle to another. It's a smart way to create brand or product recognition around town without the commitment of full-time vehicle advertising. Don't let space go to waste. They're your vehicles; advertise on them.
Consider adding a QR code to your design to link directly to additional online information. This can be a great way to provide more detail than you would want to cram onto your Vehicle Magnets. Since a QR code can link to an online message, you can change the online message without the need to reprint the QR code.
Guidelines & Care
Storing Flexible Magnet
- When not using flexible magnetic sheet, keep it in a clean, dry place.
- Store rolled stock on end to keep it from developing flat spots.
- Store rolled sign material on end with the printed or vinyl side out.
- Stack flat magnet on a level surface. Avoid placing objects (such as cartons) on top that could damage the face; do not stack with magnetic sides facing each other.
Preparing Magnetic-Receptive Surfaces
- Before affixing magnetic sheet to a metal surface, be sure all surface paints, clear coats and waxes are cured (hardened).*
- Clean the metallic surface and the magnet with mild detergent.
- Wipe with a soft cloth or allow to dry.
*(Approximate curing times: paint: 90 days; clear coat: 60 days; wax: 2 days.)
Applying Flexible Magnet
- Before applying, test all inks and paints used on the magnet for adhesion and solvent compatibility.
- Affix to smooth, flat or gently curved metallic surfaces.
- Make sure the entire magnet is flat against the metal surface. Do not place over protrusions (molding, decals, pin striping, etc.) or concave areas. There must be NO air pockets.
- The magnet itself should be at a room temperature of 60F (16C) or above when installed to achieve best results.
- Do not apply magnet that has been curled with the magnet side out. The magnet may not attach properly to the metallic surface resulting in lifted corners or air gaps which will weaken its holding strength. Follow instructions for Storing Flexible Magnet.
- If you place the magnet in the wrong position, completely remove the magnet from the surface and reaffix. Lift at sides and not at corners to remove. Do not pull the magnet across the surface, or it may stretch due to the resistance caused by the high magnetic strength.
- Do NOT use on horizontal metal surfaces exposed to direct sunlight (such as automobile hoods), temperatures exceeding 160F (71C) or temperatures below -15F (-26C). Exposure to cold weather will make the magnet more brittle so use caution when handling.
- Be aware that long-term use on surfaces frequently exposed to sunlight (such as vehicles) can result in uneven fading of the surface because the magnet-covered area is shielded from ultraviolet rays.
- Do NOT use on non-metallic body fillers, simulated wood grain siding and repainted surfaces. NOTE: Doors and panels on some vehicles are not made of steel. This product will not work on aluminum and plastic surfaces.
- We recommend rounded corners for magnetic vehicle signage.
Cleaning Flexible Magnet
- To guard against moisture and dirt buildup between the magnet and the metal surface (particularly on outdoor applications), remove the magnet at regular intervals. Clean both the magnet and metal surface with mild detergent; wipe with a soft cloth or allow to air-dry. (For vehicle-mounted signs, remove and clean DAILY.)
- After waxing and polishing, allow 2 days for wax to cure before applying magnets.